Help! Buff Orpington Rooster Problem!!!

Mites can definitely cause anemia. Get rid of the mites asap and also give him some rooster booster or other poultry vitamins and see if that helps.

I'm a little worried from the frostbite that he could have suffered from hypothermia and is having trouble recovering... How long ago was the frostbite? Green poop is usually bile from not eating enough, but if he is eating normally and still has green poop his organs might be shutting down. Does sugar water perk him up at all?

His poop started being like that just this week. I have checked his crop in the morning and it is emptying properly. Country Road layer crumbles with corn, sunflower seed, and clam shell pieces.
I think he's getting too much fat, & calcium in his diet. Corn, & sunflower seeds isn't good for a primary diet, only an occasional treat.

Layer feed is high in calcium, so is Clam shells. It causes long term kidney damage to roosters.

Sunny is my rooster. Sunny has a very dark comb and very light colored wattles. He hasn't been acting normal and he doesn't protect his hens as much as he just sits under the deck or in the coop. His comb has frostbite which I've been treating ( i could use more suggestions on how to treat it). His poops out diarrhea. He has black mites, which we're treating him for by giving him a baths using dawn dish soap and dried him off. He also has a huge fluid filled bubble all around his toe from frostbite, which we are treating him for, but could use more suggestions on how to treat. He is currently sleeping in my house and doesn't want to do anything else but sleep. He eats and his crop is full. We're going to clean/disinfect his coop today to try to help. We just had a chicken die a few days ago of egg yolk peritonitis, could that have something to do with it? Does anyone know what this is and how to treat it?
My orphington rooster has frostbite too. They must be prone to it because my other rooster is fine. It’ll fall off eventually no big deal. In regards to the mites, you need to treat them with permethrin to clear those up. Electrolytes and high protein diet may help with the recovery process! I’ll attach a picture of what I treated a couple of chickens I took in with for mites. I also dusted them with first Saturday lime and sprinkled it in their bedding.

Attachments

• CA6CA7B1-D124-4B66-9C2B-A82C8688AF82.png
    CA6CA7B1-D124-4B66-9C2B-A82C8688AF82.png
    762.7 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom