Help building an incubator

Hidsonsgrandma

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2022
I have an older smallish fridge /freezer and a nature right 360 that has a broken dome - does anyone know if this will work to make a diy incubator?

I'm not familiar with the nature right 360 so I don't know what it uses for a heating element.
My concern would be that since the nature right 360 is so much smaller then a mini fridge that it wouldn't have enough power to heat that much area.
Curiosity has me wondering how/where you were thinking about attaching it?
I like the idea.

If you look in the Incubators Articles area of this Forum, there are several articles where folks converted a mini fridge into an incubator. Worked great. At least one of them used heat tape for a heating element, and a small desk fan to circulate the air. Need enough power to heat evenly the whole volume of the interior of the fridge, but it can be done.

I have an older smallish fridge /freezer and a nature right 360 that has a broken dome - does anyone know if this will work to make a diy incubator?
If you're wanting something quickly, I'd just recommend you repair the dome on the Nurture Right. Might need to do a little research on adhesive compatability to get the right adhesive, but it can be done. Press and Seal or 6mil polyethylene sheeting with some good quality tape could probably work in a pinch. The interior volume of the Nurture Right is sized to the heating element and fan on the Nurture Right. A larger volume may not get heated or air circulated correctly.

Back
Top Bottom