help! bump on duck!

Mar 24, 2020
First of all, vet treatment is expensive and not an option unfortunately. My duck seems to have a bump on her back under her neck. No idea what it is and as I looked through her feathers I could not see any signs of injury or even where the bump could be coming from

So I am not sure but...
What color is it and is it attached underneath the skin... like something that can’t move when you fidget with it? Or is it loose and can be moved around?
and is it hard or squishy or?

So I am not sure but...
What color is it and is it attached underneath the skin... like something that can’t move when you fidget with it? Or is it loose and can be moved around?
and is it hard or squishy or?
Its under the feathers and i can’t seem to see it and it’s kinda hard

All my google searches are saying it’s a feather cyst but those seem like they’d be much more noticeable

Hard to suggest what it might be without a picture. If it's under her neck, near the righter side, it could be the crop. Is the bump there this morning?

Hard to suggest what it might be without a picture. If it's under her neck, near the righter side, it could be the crop. Is the bump there this morning?
It was on her back, near her neck is what I meant (so i’m sure it wasn’t her oil gland) but is gone this morning. I also know it wasn’t crop because i’ve had a duck with crop issues before and it was in a different place. Super weird how it’s just gone!

Back
Top Bottom