Help!! Button is prolapsing now...what do we do?

poor baby!
sad.png

Also make sure the food they are on us not Medicaided that can cause this problem I would get a 1cc syringe so next time you need to get something down her it is easier
I hope she feels better soon
She is a very pretty bird

Thanks guys. She's back in with her Buddy and they are snuggled up, all content.

I feed them the recommended diet for buttons (1/2 game bird starter 1/2 finch seed) and they have a grit with calcium. We also give meal worms and other treats. I do have a little syringe, but she was not eating or drinking. She was in so much distress from the prolapse.

But she's doing well now and I'm just going to watch her closely for the next few days.

She's one of my favorites
love.gif
so I'm just keeping my
fl.gif
that she comes through this okay.

Glad you were able to get the egg out ok! I would caution however in having her back in with the mate if there is any residual blood by her vent area. I had this happen and since they are gamebirds they will go after any blood. Needless to say it was not pretty what ended up happening to my girl. As long as yours has no blood on her she should be ok. I use a calcium supplement in my Buttons water now and have never had it happen since.

Also what citalk2much said is true about the non-medicated. Not sure if you feed it or not but for others who do. I accidently fed it once and had some deaths and some egg binding. I only give Finch seed as treats as it is fatty. They do best on mostly non-medicated gamebird that is at least 20% or more protein as their staple. I feed mine a 26%. Good luck and I hope she is ok!!

Back
Top Bottom