Help!! Call duck flew away and hasn’t been home yet..

Fangeddeer

Songster
Apr 23, 2023
I bought a call duck, 6mos and it flew away once n came straight back. I let it fly off my arm on the hill bc I could just walk down n be at the chicken coop (it’s a leeve hill) but the issue is there’s a big delta and I’ve been so worried. It’s been 2 days and nothing. Will they come back? Or are they forever gone. It was a drake and it seemed to love their home :(

Have you looked for it walking along the water? Sometimes they fly off never to return and sometimes they don’t. We just never know. And if there are ducks flying through migrating he may have gotten in with them I do hope he flies back home.

Have you looked for it walking along the water? Sometimes they fly off never to return and sometimes they don’t. We just never know. And if there are ducks flying through migrating he may have gotten in with them I do hope he flies back home.
There are those ducks that lay their eggs in trees that he might of gotten confused with ( they sound n look like a call duck from far away ) but the weird thing is.. when he hit the water he disappeared. Completely. I don’t understand

I bought a call duck, 6mos and it flew away once n came straight back. I let it fly off my arm on the hill bc I could just walk down n be at the chicken coop (it’s a leeve hill) but the issue is there’s a big delta and I’ve been so worried. It’s been 2 days and nothing. Will they come back? Or are they forever gone. It was a drake and it seemed to love their home :(
It's impossible to say whether he will come back or not, there's a chance he will of course, but if I were you I'd take some extra steps to find him.
If there's any lakes/rivers, or even farms nearby, I'd go take a look incase he landed there. He may have been attracted to another area which has food/other ducks.
I really hope he comes home soon, or that you're able to find him :(

Amazing news!!
Are you plan on clipping his wing feathers to prevent him flying off again? Totally your choice, but worth mentioning. Personally I would
Yes actually. I learned my lesson- but I’m scared bc I’ve never done it before.
A friend of mine helped me to research, options and a video tutorial just nervous all together

Yes actually. I learned my lesson- but I’m scared bc I’ve never done it before.
A friend of mine helped me to research, options and a video tutorial just nervous all together
I haven't done it either, my girls are a flightless breed- so I totally get being anxious about it! I'm sure it'll be okay though, as long as you find a good guide

Back
Top Bottom