HELP, call duck hatched. Didn’t absorb all of the yolk

Riley024

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2023
This is my first batch of call duck eggs. Started out w/ 12. Now only 2 have hatched. The first one looks completely fine. This little guy clearly didn’t absorb all the yolk and there’s a little clear string attached to the belly that goes to the egg. What do I do ? Is there any saving it. I’ve been a nervous wreck since they started hatching and this was my worst fear. Please help. Any advice is so appreciated!
IMG_9250.jpeg

So sorry you’ve had no response. This looks better than you think. Might still be good to put baby inside of tallish, paper towel-lined cup so they can finish absorbing safely. You could also put some antibiotic ointment (without pain relief) on the navel.

So sorry you’ve had no response. This looks better than you think. Might still be good to put baby inside of tallish, paper towel-lined cup so they can finish absorbing safely. You could also put some antibiotic ointment (without pain relief) on the navel.
Thank you for responding. I ended up putting some antibiotic ointment on her last night and it’s almost completely gone today !

Back
Top Bottom