Help! Call Ducks Due!

Can a hen raise a call duckling?

By "hen," do you mean a female chicken? If so, people have mixed success with that. Some seem to accept the ducklings and look after them, except they get upset when the ducklings inevitably go to water. I've seen others say the chicken started attacking the ducklings after they hatched. I can't remember what breeds of chickens were involved in the things I've read, but that might have something to do with it. Lots of people on BYC have both ducks and chickens, so I'm hoping some of them will respond.

By "hen," do you mean a female chicken? If so, people have mixed success with that. Some seem to accept the ducklings and look after them, except they get upset when the ducklings inevitably go to water. I've seen others say the chicken started attacking the ducklings after they hatched. I can't remember what breeds of chickens were involved in the things I've read, but that might have something to do with it. Lots of people on BYC have both ducks and chickens, so I'm hoping some of them will respond.

Haha sorry it's a chicken hen a Cochin she has 19 chicks and 1 duckling

Ok so I live in southern Ontario Canada. It's starting to cool off now so my ducks have not laid at all in the past few weeks and I've seen my male breed them once. Is the laying season over now? Or are my ducks old. I got. A few new ones and they never laid. I'm not sure if it was because they were too old or if they were old. I'm not sure of anyone's Age I bought from an breeder at an auction

Back
Top Bottom