Help! Call Ducks Due!

So they were already adults when you bought them? If so, did the person who sold them to you not have any idea how old they were?

I don't know of any reliable way a lay person can accurately determine the age of a duck that's already an adult. You can take some guesses based on plumage, e.g., some dark colored ducks will develop white feathers as they age. It's kind of like a human getting gray hair, but even the white feather thing is more common in ducks than in drakes, so you could have two exactly the same age and one gets white feathers while one doesn't. Some people believe you can tell the year of a drake by the number of curls of the sex feathers, but many people who really know their stuff about ducks say that's nonsense.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Hmm well that's ok! I'm still trying to figure out this whole duck thing lol! And I think he's older or molting! I will have to see if any of my ducklings end up being Drakkes. And the guy I bought them from is really sketchy and always wants too hug me. But I have a few ducklings now so we will see

Ok so this "call duck" is almost 3 months old and as big or bigger then the others. I'm not sure if he's actually a call. Someone please help. I'm pretty sure it's a he because of the green coming in on his head. But I'm not sure if he's maybe a cross? He was from a breeder I got him as a 3 week old

Ok so this "call duck" is almost 3 months old and as big or bigger then the others. I'm not sure if he's actually a call. Someone please help. I'm pretty sure it's a he because of the green coming in on his head. But I'm not sure if he's maybe a cross? He was from a breeder I got him as a 3 week old

It looks like it at least has some Call even if it's not purebred. I can't tell that it looks much bigger than the others, but that's probably about as big as he'll get. Calls are mostly grown at three months. Drakes are also generally larger than ducks, though there are of course some teeny drakes as well.

It looks like it at least has some Call even if it's not purebred. I can't tell that it looks much bigger than the others, but that's probably about as big as he'll get. Calls are mostly grown at three months. Drakes are also generally larger than ducks, though there are of course some teeny drakes as well.

That's what I said to my mum. Thank you. I'm probably going to keep him. He was suppose to be a silver but I love his colouring either way!!

Back
Top Bottom