1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP! Can anyone give me tips on how to correct perosis (slipped tendon)??!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by portraitiste, Aug 25, 2014.

1. portraitiste

portraitiste New Egg

Oct 20, 2013
    Hi everyone, I have a week old Rhode Island Red hen chick who appears to have a slipped tendon. She didn't have it when she hatched and she is kept on deep layers of sawdust in a massive brooder so I have no idea how shes done it but can someone please help me and give me advice on how to slip the tendon back in??

I can feel the tendon on the inside of the hock, so that's how I came to the dignosis that it is definitely perosis. I haven't had a chick like this before, however, so I have no idea how I put it back into place... I'm so scared that I will damage her as she is still so tiny!

Please, please help as I'm worried I wont fix it in time and then will have to have her pts which I don't want at all :(

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  3. arkansas55

arkansas55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2014
    arkansas
    awwwww,sending hugs and high hope's!

4. Double Kindness

Double Kindness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2014
    CO
    I have a chick with this too, but idk if it's too late to try to fix it, is it too late now to fix it, will this chick have a good life? It's only 3 days old, I have been trying everything on poultry podiatry, but it seems to be content just standing on one leg?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by