Help! Can you tell us what breed these are?

The only white I'm seeing in the little red is in its baby feathers. All of my hatchery RIR's have feathered out like that in their wings before getting their mature, solid red feathers.

Is there other white that I'm missing?

anybody notice the size of those bright orange legs on the red chick (in the pick with the white one)?????? good lord those are big, or is my computer playing tricks on me??

looks like some type of production red, maybe the chick got it's tail feathers plucked off, due to cramped quarters. but looks like my reds did when they were small started out yellowish then feathered out red (other than the huge shanks!)

Quote:
As far as cramped quarters go, our chicks have had plenty of space. My brooder was a very large wardrobe box. Now they are in the coop. I haven't noticed any fighting or plucking of feathers. That particular chick has not had the tail feathers come in totally yet. I've wondered that myself. Perhaps a late bloomer? All my chicks are behaving as normal as I figure they would be. Eating well, plenty of water and space....

Our farm store got the chicks from a local hatchery. I suppose I could have gotten them directly, but we are newbies and well...live an learn!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom