Help can't figure out these breeds!

jzervas92

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 26, 2013
New York
Hi everyone, I need help figuring out some of my pullets breeds. I ordered certain breeds, but I also ordered the rainbow layer assortment and they don't tell you what you're going to get.

The first two pictures are the same bird it was dark in the coop.

I'm thinking this is a red sex-link

She has feathered feet

Last edited:

I don't think the second picture worked. This picture is the same bird in the first.

Last edited:
Also I ordered two black sex-links, but it looks like I received three. It's hard to tell because two are identical they have a green tint in their feathers, are very long and sleek, and have a lot of orange on their chest. But bird number three is short and somewhat fat, she also has a purple tint to her feathers, and very little orange on her chest.

Bird number 1 and 2 look exactly the same so I'll only use one picture

Bird number 3

Bird number 3

Bird number 3

This is all 3 of them together, the one in the far right corner is not a black sex-link only the 3 to the left of the picture.

The buff one is a Buff Orpington.
The red/white one is a Red Sex-Link.
The feather legged one is a Brahma, and its variety is probably Light.
The black bird might be a very non-red BSL, but it might also be a Black Australorp.

Hi everyone, I need help figuring out some of my pullets breeds. I ordered certain breeds, but I also ordered the rainbow layer assortment and they don't tell you what you're going to get.

Buff Orpington.

Red Sex-Link.
I'm thinking this is a red sex-link

Light Brahma
She has feathered feet

Back
Top Bottom