HELP!!CHICK ATE NAIL POLISH!!!!!!

M

Member 151789

emergency question, i was baby sitting some kids for my friend and they wanted to paint their nails, so i gave them some polish and they were playing with it. i was in the bathroom when i heard a "oh no!" apperently, they were trying to paint my new born chick's nails and it ate a couple of drops right from the bottle! it has it all over its eye feathers, and it's whole inside mouth is pink. will it die? i didnt want to get mad at the kids, but inside i was raging! they should have asked me first....kids... anyway, i hope it will survive...do you think it will make it? how do i help it?

Thank you,
Andrea

Wash off the feathers and rinse his mouth out with water. Make sure he is eating and drinking till it is out of his system.

Oh my gosh. Hopefully your chick is okay. Keep us updated. I might try and ask if the kids tried to paint her beak too. Maybe she did not swallow as much as you think.

Was your chick okay? We read that nail polish was a good way to tag cockrells from pullets. When we went to paint ones nails today, he got a big mouth full of it by accident. Would love to know if yours is okay!

Back
Top Bottom