HELP chick emergency is my chick in the right position& assisted hatch questions

Ella_06

In the Brooder
May 10, 2021
hi
It’s day 24 for my chick egg and I see it moving and chirping
I think it may be malpostion can some one confirm
Also how do I do an assisted hatch any reply is appreciated!

Has it pipped what's the humidity level is this the last egg to hatch.
No pip I’ve only seen The egg Rock and herd chirping. My incubator dose not measure humidity but I did wet the sponge lots today. If you have any idea on how to assist hatch or if my chick could be malpostitond that would be awesome thanks for the reply

If you see if moving and chirping I'm assuming you see an internal pip? Which would mean it's not malpositioned but day 24 is late for a chicken chick to be hatching. Did all of the other chicks already hatch and this is a straggler? Did they all hatch late?

No pip I’ve only seen The egg Rock and herd chirping. My incubator dose not measure humidity but I did wet the sponge lots today. If you have any idea on how to assist hatch or if my chick could be malpostitond that would be awesome thanks for the reply

There's an article above you that @CluckNDoodle sent up in the comments.

You will need to candle to get a better idea of what is going on in the egg.

If you see if moving and chirping I'm assuming you see an internal pip? Which would mean it's not malpositioned but day 24 is late for a chicken chick to be hatching. Did all of the other chicks already hatch and this is a straggler? Did they all hatch late?
Thanks for your reply
I was incubating 9 buff Orpington eggs unfortunately I think the 8 of them did not fully develop/ make it to this stage on day 22 I heard chirping and rocking today is 24 and I posted another thread asking if my chick was in a correct position for hatching it was alive just not pecking many people said it was malpostion and I needed to do an assisted hatch or it may die this is my 2nd time incubating chicks the first none hatch so when they said it may die I became very stressed and wanted to hear from more people before I caused unessasary harm to the chick.

Attachments

• D3BC3C01-3FFA-4400-B14F-C04D125B0E8F.jpeg
    D3BC3C01-3FFA-4400-B14F-C04D125B0E8F.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom