HELP! Chick got attacked by dog!

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I have a large brooder in our shop containing 2 chicks, PB and Jay. We have a friend staying at our house who's ago got into the brooder and caught PB. She's still alive but doesn't look good. She has blood in her mouth and isn't responsive. She's laying on her side in the brooder with her sibling, I'm not sure what to do. I need ideas I will do whatever I need to do save her.
I know she needs to recover from shock. I'll separate her and see if I can get sugar water in her but the blood doesn't look good. Any suggestions are very very helpful. @Wyorp Rock @MGG @Eggcessive @azygous

sorry this happened, i had a chick that my dogs licked lots, just licking tho, anyway, do you have a lid on the brooder? do you jave a heat lamp or heat plate?

How old are these chicks? If they're still very young, you will have to make sure that you have a second heat source for your separated injured chick. If the chicks are close to moving out, you may be able to get away with just keeping her in a warm environment.
Also, get Jay a mirror or stuffie so that he's not lonely.

Back
Top Bottom