HELP! Chick got attacked by dog!

im soo sorry! best of hugs! but dont worry! shes alright! shes going to the rainbow bridge!!!

Screenshot 2021-06-22 11.22.50 AM.png

Thank you everyone. This is a hard one. I hatched her and Jay out of 9 eggs in my incubator. It was my first successful hatch, and she was the hen out of the two. Now Instead of the pare I have a single rooster, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna do.
I miss her so much, its so difficult. 😭
I'll only learn I guess.
IMG_1851.jpg

PB's in front. I will miss you pretty girl.

Thank you everyone. This is a hard one. I hatched her and Jay out of 9 eggs in my incubator. It was my first successful hatch, and she was the hen out of the two. Now Instead of the pare I have a single rooster, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna do.
I miss her so much, its so difficult. 😭
I'll only learn I guess.
View attachment 2730096
PB's in front. I will miss you pretty girl.
What breed were they?

What breed were they?
They were Calico Cochin bantams. This is an old photo about 3 days after hatch. Today they were 6 weeks old I believe and had all there feathers ready to go outside. So heartbreaking.
I want to do a small "business" next summer and sell chicks, so I would have put them in a "breeding pen" together and gotten more females from incubating PB's eggs. Now I just have Jay and already have another bantam rooster so I now have rooster problems which I was trying to avoid.
I feel so bad for Jay though. Integrating is so difficult when your only one bird, but luckily Nugget, (Grey Japanese bantam hen, 8-9 weeks) is being so good with him. I have those 2 separated and in a see no touch area from Cotton, (Blue bantam Silkie, 8-9 weeks) and Lacey, (White Laced Red Cornish bantam, 8-9 weeks). I hope he integrates well, I feel so bad for him poor guy. 😢

Back
Top Bottom