Help! Chick got pinned between wall and box with wings in the upward position overnight

Unicorny83

Chirping
Nov 9, 2021
Tennessee
I thought my head count was right, but it turned out I was off by 1! This morning I found a very scared baby chick, pinned between the wall and bin we have them in temporarily. I wrapped her wings to her body as they were sore and stuck upright. Nothing appears to be broken, but I am keeping her hydrated and warm. Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone else had this happen? I've been sick this past week, which is probably why I mis-counted. I'm so sad for her. How long should I keep her banded? Thank you for any feedback!

I thought my head count was right, but it turned out I was off by 1! This morning I found a very scared baby chick, pinned between the wall and bin we have them in temporarily. I wrapped her wings to her body as they were sore and stuck upright. Nothing appears to be broken, but I am keeping her hydrated and warm. Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone else had this happen? I've been sick this past week, which is probably why I mis-counted. I'm so sad for her. How long should I keep her banded? Thank you for any feedback!
Try taking them off at the end of each day and see how they are. Gently rubbing the muscles on her wings might help. Just try to keep her as calm as she can. I think a little bit of apple cider vinegar in their water helps with stress.

Try taking them off at the end of each day and see how they are. Gently rubbing the muscles on her wings might help. Just try to keep her as calm as she can. I think a little bit of apple cider vinegar in their water helps with stress.
Thank you! Yes, I will do that this evening. She's had her wrap on for a few hours now. I also sprinkled electrolytes with probiotics in some fresh watermelon juice. Her one leg look pretty tired too. Overall, I think she will be ok. My poor sweet girl

Back
Top Bottom