HELP! Chick has blood on toe others attack!

ForTheLoveOfSilkies

Free Ranging
Aug 18, 2019
Australia
What to do? I tried cornflour and now bandage it but chick keeps trying to get it off. Other chicks near pecked it's foot off!! What to do!!??
..also how long will it take for foot to heal/ no blood visible? So if I can get bandage to stay will it be hours or days before I can take it off and they won't peck him?
IMG_20220219_132109.jpg

IMG_20220219_134732.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have some elastic self stick bandaid wrap?

I would clean the wound, apply neosporin, cut a small strip and wrap it up.
I have tried that and it's seems to be staying but chick keeps pecking at bandage so not sure how long it will last. How long till blood will not be visible?/ Heal?

Now same chick has bleeding toe on other foot! :hit
Other chicks keep going after it! I have used blue dye, worked well, but now they still go after this one on both feet! ..I think I'll have to wrap both its feet up, trying not to restrict it's movement will be hard.
It is the older 3 chicks, particularly one of them, that go after this little chicks feet - older ones are 7 days older.

Now same chick has bleeding toe on other foot! :hit
Other chicks keep going after it! I have used blue dye, worked well, but now they still go after this one on both feet! ..I think I'll have to wrap both its feet up, trying not to restrict it's movement will be hard.
It is the older 3 chicks, particularly one of them, that go after this little chicks feet - older ones are 7 days older.
Or give the chick blue feet. It's the foot feathers they're pecking at.

Back
Top Bottom