HELP! Chick has turned in feet. ....

texaschickmama

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Poolville, TX
Okay, so I have a chick (the only one a different class at school hatched out) with turned in feet. The feet are getting sore and almost bleeding from walking on them like that. I have tried taping legs together, I have band aids on them now where the sore spot is. I don't know if I can fix this chick, it's not spraddle leg, I have fixed that, it's both legs turned inward and the feet are kind of curled and not laying flat.

This chick is what I think is a Rhode Island Red, 4 days old.

Also, it has a wrasping sound when breathing. I have given it a couple drops of VetRX and am giving it Vi-Tal and water through a dropper.

I am regretting anyone knowing that I "know" anything about chickens!!

Can you post a pic. I got a pullet when she was about 12 weeks of age with same sounding issue. She has just one turned in foot and is doing great. I didn't know her when she hatched, so I'm not sure the process she went through to get to her current "walking" situation. I'd love to see a pic if you have access to do it.

I have one like that and I straightened out its toes and put a piece of duct tape under its foot to keep the toes straight. It was fine when it was born so I am not sure what happened. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom