Help chick is 6 days old something wrong with butt?

His/Her vent is sticking out as well!! I know she hadn’t had pasty butt before but last night I noticed it. She’s pooing and eating and drinking as usual but it is super stuck on and I don’t know what to do abt the vent.. it’s like sticking out and throbbing but not red at all….this is the only pic I was able to get by myself. She/He is an isa brown
Is the vent still sticking out or prolapsed? After cleaning, make sure to keep it moist with something like vaseline. I would try to very gently ease it back in - making sure it is clean first.

I had soaked a damp towel and had it pressed up against it for 30 mins and it’s stuck stuck. I do not think that it’s not pasty butt because she can still poo and is acting fine, she doesn’t get any poo stuck when she does go as well , SHES SIX DAYS OLD sorry I’m trying to answer everyone and thank you all for the help

His/Her vent is sticking out as well!! I know she hadn’t had pasty butt before but last night I noticed it. She’s pooing and eating and drinking as usual but it is super stuck on and I don’t know what to do abt the vent.. it’s like sticking out and throbbing but not red at all….this is the only pic I was able to get by myself. She/He is an isa brown
I just recently had the same issue with my new silkies. You can run warm water in the sink not too hot and just a small stream. Hold the butt under the warm water and lightly rub until it all comes off. Then I dried them with my hair dryer on low and they loved it.

I had soaked a damp towel and had it pressed up against it for 30 mins and it’s stuck stuck. I do not think that it’s not pasty butt because she can still poo and is acting fine, she doesn’t get any poo stuck when she does go as well , SHES SIX DAYS OLD sorry I’m trying to answer everyone and thank you all for the help
Mine is literally the same problem however this morning she woke up with nothing. The night before I let her eat a little bit of coconut oil. This was advised by a friend

Back
Top Bottom