Help chick is 6 days old something wrong with butt?

frasereve

Chirping
Mar 28, 2022
His/Her vent is sticking out as well!! I know she hadn’t had pasty butt before but last night I noticed it. She’s pooing and eating and drinking as usual but it is super stuck on and I don’t know what to do abt the vent.. it’s like sticking out and throbbing but not red at all….this is the only pic I was able to get by myself. She/He is an isa brown

Attachments

• 3A583CF4-FADA-41D6-9D4F-1D988E332ED4.png
    3A583CF4-FADA-41D6-9D4F-1D988E332ED4.png
    4 MB · Views: 18
Two of my chicks had this. It went away when she started loosing her feathers. She didnt have pasty butt either. They were eating and drinking fine. Im not sure what it is though.

Okay that makes me feel a lot better!!! Should I worry abt the other chicks picking at it I haven’t seen anything tho?

I did see my chicks picking at them but after a week of trying to get it of the feathers started to grow and they havent had a problem since. I dont know if it is anything serious though. Try to keep taking warm water and a towel to it.

Vent gleet? And prolapse ..?
I would not just let it be!
I would do a long warm soak for the bum, to get it off. Not a good idea leaving the poop on at all. Also, dont rip or tear it off as it can cause them to get skin off and bleed. A gentle process can take days even. Search around for vent gleet and chicken prolapse. Heaps to read and you can find the best way forward.

His/Her vent is sticking out as well!! I know she hadn’t had pasty butt before but last night I noticed it. She’s pooing and eating and drinking as usual but it is super stuck on and I don’t know what to do abt the vent.. it’s like sticking out and throbbing but not red at all….this is the only pic I was able to get by myself. She/He is an isa brown
How old?

Looks like pasty butt to me, soak and remove as the earlier poster said, if left untreated it can kill a chick....
X3...I have a chick going through this now...we are on day 7....just flipped her upside down ring butt feathers under warm water and wash poop off use fingers or a tips. Then you paper down to get most off water of then blow dry or stick under heated lamp depending on how old the chicken is

Back
Top Bottom