HELP!! Chick is lethargic and not walking!!

Hi, my week old bantam chick is very lethargic, pooping completely white, and he will not get up or walk, he will not open his eyes either, we gave him some honey diluted water to get him going and that seemed to help wake him up, he’s chirping a bit right now but mostly sleeping, any advice please? Also once in a while he makes a clicking with his throat by opening his mouth.
I'm so sorry this is happening.
Where did you get it? When?

How cold is it there? Is the chick brooding in the coop or in the house? Is the leg color dark to you? Could there be some frostbite? I would get the chick drinking water with electrolytes or a bit of sugar. If you can get Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell give a couple of drops orally. Wet chick feed made into an oatmeal consistency can be given or a bit of egg yolk. Make sure the vent is clear of poop.

I'm so sorry this is happening.
Where did you get it? When?
How cold is it there? Is the chick brooding in the coop or in the house? Is the leg color dark to you? Could there be some frostbite? I would get the chick drinking water with electrolytes or a bit of sugar. If you can get Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell give a couple of drops orally. Wet chick feed made into an oatmeal consistency can be given or a bit of egg yolk. Make sure the vent is clear of poop.
He’s brooding in the house and drinking water, what sugar do you recommend? He’s dying!

image.jpg

He’s not responding other than slight shaking and drinking water.

1/2 teaspoon of table sugar per 16 ounces of water. Gaotade or Pedialyte are good substitutes. Dip it’s beak often if it is awake. Sorry about your chick, but I hope that it makes it. There can be many reasons for weak chicks, and when they start showing signs, it might be too late.

Hello, I’m sorry to read about your chick. Did you ever find out what happened? Mine just died. I had it for 2 days from Tractor Supply. I imagine it was about a week old. Very sleepy and then not moving, eyes shut...I gave it egg yolk and water with electrolytes. Broods in the house. But unfortunately she’s gone now. :( I read and read whatever I could but I don’t know what it was and now I’m concerned about my others that were in the same brooder.

Back
Top Bottom