HELP! chick making noise in egg but no pip hole- what do i do? quail

LyricalButtons

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 27, 2014
I was going to toss some eggs out of the incubator when I heard a peep come out of one, but there is no hole in the egg. Should I help the chick out? what do I do? It has been five days since 17 days of incubation, for a total of 22 days.
Corturnix quail by the way, im not sure if i should act soon..

Last edited:
Chicks usually start peeping when they are starting to pip. Does it feel like it's pecking?
I'd leave it.....if he doesn't get out within 24-48 hours then I'd worry.

Chicks usually start peeping when they are starting to pip. Does it feel like it's pecking?
I'd leave it.....if he doesn't get out within 24-48 hours then I'd worry.
Alright.. Well all these eggs have been in the incubator for 22 days, and they are actually quail.

Hi yes I understand what you mean saying it is quail it does seem a lot of days for quail. But if you have peeping it could be pipping where you can't see. Quail I have hatched I have heard peeping 24 hours before a pip. As to the 22 days do you think your incubator could have been running on the cool side that can delay a hatch. Is only one peeping?

Personally I would put a saftey hole in with a pin so it doesnt run out of air. You dont always hear quail before they hatch through the incubator so you dont know how long its been chirping

update- thank you all.
Yesterday I put a hole in the egg an peeled away some of the shell and rubbed water on the membrane to keep it moist. The chick was alive but wasn't making anymore effort. But, another chick hatched and caused the one stuck to make effort, and I have now four chicks. Three seem healthy but one is just displaying strange panting and his legs are far apart.
It was such a weird hatch.

Back
Top Bottom