HELP chick not growing and sick??

The Ranch Girl

Songster
Jun 27, 2022
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
My now almost 3 week old silkie chicks have been growing great! Getting feathers in and everything. We only hatched 4, I noticed one of them about a week ago was hunched together and in the corner, I watched his behavior and he would eat and drink. He had some pasty poop on his butt. I cleaned it off and have been checking it ever since. Today I noticed his behavior is the same. Still not active at ALL and now the others are WAY bigger then him! So is he sick?? And not growing! I just don’t know what’s going on. He is limping now too! I think one of them injured him. I have a comparison of him next to the other one. He is the smaller one. They hatched the same day.
820C8EEC-7372-45A2-B947-33FCE1A34A28.jpeg

12382E01-E058-49C3-9083-F1515D18C61E.jpeg

What's the poop like?

I'd try giving a boost with vitamins.
See that she's eating well, you can give the chick starter wet or dry.

Hopefully the chick is runty, but sometimes for some reason, some chicks fail to thrive.

My now almost 3 week old silkie chicks have been growing great! Getting feathers in and everything. We only hatched 4, I noticed one of them about a week ago was hunched together and in the corner, I watched his behavior and he would eat and drink. He had some pasty poop on his butt. I cleaned it off and have been checking it ever since. Today I noticed his behavior is the same. Still not active at ALL and now the others are WAY bigger then him! So is he sick?? And not growing! I just don’t know what’s going on. He is limping now too! I think one of them injured him. I have a comparison of him next to the other one. He is the smaller one. They hatched the same day.
820C8EEC-7372-45A2-B947-33FCE1A34A28.jpeg

12382E01-E058-49C3-9083-F1515D18C61E.jpeg
hm. I have an odd runt. not sure. last time I had a runt, she didn't grow at all, and eventually died. she was a meat bird though, so I guess its just a common issue with the breed.

Back
Top Bottom