Help. Chick with white lump in throat. Wont eat.

Garlic can be added to your chickens' diet in a couple of different ways. You can float whole cloves in your waterer (mashed up a bit), replacing them every few days. You can offer crushed fresh cloves in a small dish free-choice. Or you can add garlic powder to their feed.

You may see articles saying that, because it's part of the onion family, garlic is poisonous to chickens. Not so. The make-up of garlic is entirely different and the element that causes issues in onions - thiosulphate - is present only in tiny quantities in garlic.
I was wrong go on ahead.
Glad you changed your stance..i have been giving garlic to my chicks every now and them..they were pretty sick..respiratory problems n stuff..but since i started adding garlic to their water or just giving a small clove to them to eat, which they pretty much like..they seem to be doing fine..they are playful and robust now..also the poop smells much better..in lil quantity n after every 2-3 days its good for them actually. Building up immunity and treating internal problems.

I don't think she's eaten anything like a bead. I'll get since crushed garlic from the store tonight and feed it to my chicks. I prefer to give it to them directly, so I hope they like garlic.

Do you think that pre-crushed garlic would work, or do I need to get whole cloves and crush them myself?

I got minced garlic from the store. I'm gonna dump some in their water and try to get the sick ones to eat a little bit, in addition to antibiotics and vet rx.

Fresh is obviously better..store based might have preservatives and what not in it..better use fresh..i freshly chop a clove and give it to them..i dont evn use the left over the same day..i throw that off n use fresh one next time whenever needed.

I gave them some garlic and vet rx last night. I think it's helping, but it's a little hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom