Help! Chicken cant breathe

Yea! I dont know what it was but a few are still sneezing, but otherwise they are a lot better than they were a few weeks ago. And I'm worried because my babies are ready to go outside and I dont want to mix them in or let them have contact with the big chickens that go sick. Any suggestions on what I should do?

ChickenMom, this could be a mycoplasma?

I wonder if casportpony could help me out in this assumption...I just found the thread and didn’t read all the way through. At first I thought gapeworm, then thought maybe she just has a object stuck in her throat. Then I remembered how I had sick flock with these sneezing fits and gasping for air... I found out it’s a mycoplasma. I treated them with Denugaurd I think... 12.5% liquid. I don’t have the dosage on hand, but it’s here in the forums if you search. I had two very sick, constantly doing this for months, getting worse despite treatment (not the denugaurd, but I was trying other things) I finally found out about this mycoplasma thing and ordered the denugaurd...it came too late for my hen, but saved my rooster.

Please do buy some now- you’re flock may get this again, and it’s good to have some on hand. I now have to treat my flock yearly as a preventative because it can come back and kill them. It gets worse when it comes back. You just put it in their water for a few days. I think they pick it up when freeranging...possibly from eating slugs? I’m not sure- it’s late as I write this.

Again, not certain, but please do look up mycoplasma in chickens. “MG” is what it is called. There are some videos on you tube that may help.

Mycoplasma is one of the many reasons of chicken respiratory infection and breathing issue "Gasping" but there's also "Gape Worm" that make this thing can you able to look into her throat with the help of LED light & A Qtip go down with the Qtip and just take some of saliva from her throat and see if any Red Strings are there it's Gape Worm

The Cure For Gapeworm Is Albendazole Or Fenbendazole

If Not Gape worm CRD can be a issue
I read u mention sneezing there are many good antibiotic u can use

My first choice is Baytril 10%
Then doxycycline
Taylan
Tetracycline

Back
Top Bottom