HELP! CHICKEN FOOT FELL OFF!!

If parts of an animal are falling off after an injury, that animal has a severe infection. Your chick is likely in a lot of pain, and no medication you can give it is going to fix that. Nor is there any real way to get such a severe infection out. It's likely going to die, and will die very slowly and painfully. You need to euthanize it.

Here is another picture of my chicks foot. As you can see the bleeding has stopped and he has be eating and drinking. He can still walk around with my other hen. Thank you for letting me know not to give him any more Tylenol. He is still continuing to be normal so we will wait but if he gets bad we will most likely put him down. We will be looking into making or buying a stump for him if he gets better. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Attachments

• 5C2A4B1C-A26F-4205-AD7E-663DD9E6E868.jpeg
    5C2A4B1C-A26F-4205-AD7E-663DD9E6E868.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 22
Hello. A while back one of my chickens legs broke while he was a chick but they were still intact. We suspect the chickens got in a fight but we think it was actually because he kept trying to fly but he was still quite young at the time. We noticed that on his left foot some of his fingers had fallen out(he can still walk tho) but on his right leg his foot was barely hanging on. We kept him inside and fed him until he learned to walk again(limping). Today as I was trying to put them in their coop to feed them him and another chicken were trying to go the other way. I picked them up but he decided to fly out of my hands but he landed on cement. He landed but his right foot came off. I put him in a coop where none of the other chickens were. I tried to make some sort of cast looking thing to stop the bleeding but at the end I wrapped his foot and put a bandage to hold it. My mom has been giving him Tylenol(very small amount) to stop any pain. I don’t know what else to do but what should I do long term to keep him comfy and not make the other chicken poke him. And can he survive or any other things I should. Thank you
APOLOGIZE BUT HERE ARE SOME PICTURES

Attachments

• 3497F491-2D25-46BF-AC7A-014098E1B77B.jpeg
    3497F491-2D25-46BF-AC7A-014098E1B77B.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 58
Welcome to BYC. Are you having winter weather where you live with freezing temperatures in the past few months? Did the legs and feet suffer frostbite? Tylenol (acetaminophen) is toxic to chickens. Aspirin may be used in the water in some cases when bleeding is not a problem, and dosage is 325 mg per 8 ounces or 240 ml of water. The chick sounds like it may be suffering, and I would put it down so that it does not suffer.
I live in Minnesota but we barely got this chick in May from one our neighbors so he doesn’t have frostbite. Thank you for letting me know about the medication.

Back
Top Bottom