Help!! Chicken injured leg! Can't stand!

bbowen

Songster
10 Years
Dec 31, 2009
Moira, NY
I came down this morning to find one of the girls hanging by her foot which she had somehow got caught in the corner of the pen. I have no idea how long she hung there. No more than 9 hours if she did it right away.

Away I freed her foot but there is no response from her toes and they are cold. I manipulated and felt the leg and there's no obvious break that I can tell. She can't walk or stand. When I pick her up the leg just hangs there.

I've put her in isolation with food and water.

Is there anything I can do or should I just wait?

Thanks.

I have seen that before and to be honest none ever lasted or survived very long, you could go through many hours of treatment and rehab and med's but it probably won't happen. I know most folks would spend a small fortune trying to bring her back and chasitse any who wouldn't, it would have to be your choice, but the odds aren't on your side, sorry.

AL

She's still alert. She's got a little movement in the upper part of the leg that she didn't have this morning. She's attempted to stand up but falls.

She's eating and drinking. I'm giving her poly vis and tomorrow will try aspirin to reduce any inflammation.

If anyone has anything else I'd appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom