Help! Chicken ordinance in East Cameron Pa

Ladyerat

Chirping
Nov 21, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hi all! Need some help with ordinances in my area. I researched before I got my girls and found no restrictions. I live in the country and it's all farm and a few small burgs still zoned rural. I've had my girls for 3 years with no questions or problems. Recently someone complained and I still can't find anything that would indicate there is a violation. The township wants me to contact them and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row. Can someone help me find ordinances for my area regarding poultry? Nothing I find says there's a problem. East Cameron Township, PA (Shamokin area).

So after much Ado (over nothing), I had a conversation with the borough supervisor. All my research prior to getting my girls, and subsequent searches since the "complainer" was as I had expected. There are no zoning laws in my area regarding animals as we are agricultural zoned. I could literally keep a horse in my side yard and as long as everything is clean, nothing can be done by anyone. I made a counter complaint about random garbage that keeps showing up in my yard, suspiciously in the very area where my yard meets his driveway. All's well that ends well I guess. They backed off and the complainer is (supposedly) on notice about glass and garbage being thrown into my side yard.

Back
Top Bottom