Help Chicken rickets

Pics
According to Doug and Stacey Offgrid video on chickenfeed math (
) this is a formula for the protein if that is what you are working on.
Example : total batch was 105lbs with 16.05lbs of protein. 16.05lbs of protein/105lbs total =15.28% protein.

to find individual protein _ take Lbs of feed bag x pecentage of protein in the bag = percentage in your mix

This is what I got on my bags from Azure as far as protein...

Barley-11.25
Oats- 7.5
peas-12.5
wheat - 4.5
flax - 9.25
chia - .6

yes but I just saw this. I will weigh it tomorrow. I do have a kitchen scale. I will stop rinsing. I read that when you soak them...not to give the water with the grain b/c it has toxins in it. I was just being extra careful. I will stop rinsing that does make sense now that you say it. I gave her a sardine with some caster oil this morning. She is running around quite perky. I've been watching all of the chickens since about 8am and it is 1:30 now. She seems less wobbly today. We did have some sunshine until about an hour ago. It is raining now. I'm going to let them out every day all day so they can forage more. I also removed some shade cloths off of a couple of my garden beds that were blocking the morning sun from their coop.
They knocked my compost down about 2 feet today. They got lots of mycilium, bugs and worms for sure. I emailed Fertrell twice but have not gotten a reply. I haven't found any reasonable instructions online.
I really appreciate your help.

Call them for the information you need, a company should be accessible.

They are much more responsive by phone, then by email. One of the many reasons I like them is that they are willing to help folks who can't be their customers as well as their customers. I was working with a BYCer in South Africa to come up with a good feed blend and reached out to them. They went one on one with him and got him hooked up. If you haven't heard back by mid day today PM me as I'll need to reference your email, but I'll see if pinging the boss get's your email up the food chain.

Back
Top Bottom