Help Chicken Stuck

RyGuy982

In the Brooder
May 26, 2019
One of my chickens was in the yard and was startled by my dog. It proceeded to dash under my deck and has refused to come out. There is no way for us to get under there and there is only one way for her to get out. I checked through one of the cracks and can see her roosting in a corner. What is the best thing to do to get her out?

I would let her settle down for a few hours and hopefully she will come out.
The more you pay attention to her the more anxious she will be.

Place a recognizable water station and food dish near the porch too, if the other chickens are around she may decide to join them.
If she comes out, you may need to wait until dark and she's roosting in the coop to grab her and check her for injuries.

I would let her settle down for a few hours and hopefully she will come out.
The more you pay attention to her the more anxious she will be.

Place a recognizable water station and food dish near the porch too, if the other chickens are around she may decide to join them.
If she comes out, you may need to wait until dark and she's roosting in the coop to grab her and check her for injuries.
Well, we normally dont let them in the yard. We are cleaning the coop and run. We only have 2 chickens atm. The 2 we have are like best friends and the one is scared without her. So if I put some food and water out, she will come out? Thank you for the help

She might if she calms down, but she surely will come in to her roost at dusk. Let’s hope so. If you can place the other chicken in a dog crate (with food and water) right next to the opening, that might draw her out sooner.
We have him in a large tin, very close to the porch, he has meal worms and tomatoes,but there is no way of her seeing him, I'm just afraid she wont come out

Well, we normally dont let them in the yard. We are cleaning the coop and run. We only have 2 chickens atm. The 2 we have are like best friends and the one is scared without her. So if I put some food and water out, she will come out? Thank you for the help
We have him in a large tin, very close to the porch, he has meal worms and tomatoes,but there is no way of her seeing him, I'm just afraid she wont come out
Is the friend a rooster?
If it is, put the rooster in the yard, give him the goodies, he'll call her.

Back
Top Bottom