HELP! Chicken trapped and starving!! UPDATED :]

Mkay update-

Shes doing really well, but one of her legs isnt really working. We think she had been sitting there on her leg and now she cant really walk but today shes doing better :]

She seems healthy... I may post some pics soon so you can see her leg and everything.

But yah, shes doing a whole lot better!
big_smile.png

ALSO-

Shes eating and drinking alot and is pretty cheerful + lively but her left leg is still doing weird :[

Last edited:
CONGRATS!!!! That is GREAT!!! Just give it a lil time. she should come around. I would keep giving her the vitamins. Atleast a lil while longer.

Good Luck and God Bless!

give her some water with sugar in it. this will give her a energy boost and get her more calories. Dunck her beak into the water so that she will drink more.
good luck

As a physical therapist I would try to gently take her leg (the one not working well) and move it thru the range of motion that is most comfortable to her. That means when she starts to move/squawk, you stop and return leg to the starting position. Do this for her hip, knee and foot areas a few times (5-10) several times each day (2-3). If her leg was stiff from being trapped it may need the assist to move properly. I hope that helps!

thumbsup.gif

That leg was probably the one under her and she could not move it. It will take time but should come back. Hopefully she didn't totally loose circulation in that leg,,,but if she did it would be cold. Warmth, good food and water and she should recover. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom