Help!! Chicken with injured eye not eating or drinking.

Thanks Eggcessive, appreciate your suggestions :) Yes, he's already had his vitamin water and antibiotic water since Wednesday. His nose is clear. I read so much about people feeding their chickens scrambled eggs, but I can't get mine to eat them for nothing - they'll only eat the raw eggs, shell and all; oh well, it's good for them. I really liquefied his food this afternoon and used a syringe to put a little of it at a time in his beak - letting him do the work of swallowing, kind of like how a nipple waterer would work. Update this evening: his inner eyelid retracted a bit and I could see a tiny portion of his eyeball, AND he ate on his own! Not a whole lot but about ten bites or so. Looks like every day is a small improvement :) .

As a long overdue update: Tubby recovered very well. He's still the awesome provider and protector he's always been! Although, he did wind up blind in his left eye, that doesn't hold him back from being all the rooster he can be
big_smile.png
. He also, since the attack, now has white clumps on his comb (as you can see) - they don't grow/spread but they don't go away either; haven't found anything online that matches it, guess it's just one of those things. This picture is a little rough, the Faverolles decided to take a Spring molt, so you see that his beard and muff are missing (just coming back now) and his chest feathers are a little mussed. He's still mama's handsome boy and I'm so thankful he's alive and well!

Back
Top Bottom