Help chicken with poopy bottom.

Caleb1534

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
Hello y'all. So maybe two weeks ago one of my seramas was making strange squaking noises. And when I checked her out it looked like she had a brown ball of poop stuck to her bottom the size of a dime if it was a ball. After that I came out most nights with a glove to apply warm mineral oil and gently squeeze and pick at it. And after a week or so I started soaking her in hot water, and then picked and squeezed again. Through all this I managed to get some off but now I'm not making any progress. If y'all have any tips or advice I'd be happy to hear it. Thank you.
Pictures below. PS. Also she looks a little gray around the eyes and has been opening and closing her mouth frequently.
DSC_0820.JPG
DSC_0819.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0821.JPG
    DSC_0821.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 3
Hello Crs1. Thank you for responding. I didn't see it until just now. No I didn't notice anything. We just had a prolapsed vent so no I don't think it's that.

I wish I could tell you but I don’t know😟
maybe get some neosporin and put on it. I would think you would need to get that black off to get to clean tissue.
I know that there are people here that know a lot more than I do. Try reposting to see if the will answer
good luck
connie

Hello again. So I have an update. Last night I went out to soak her. And after three minutes I picked for a bit then I pulled. And most of it came out in one big gross chunk.(A true blessing.)And she was fine.
Here are some pictures. The first one is right after I pulled out the plug. The next of the inside of the plug. And the third of the outside of the plug. Thank you.

DSC_0833.JPG DSC_0839.JPG
DSC_0835.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0832.JPG
    DSC_0832.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom