Help! Chickens have worms! *PICS added!*

OK here's a pic (sorry for the blurriness...I have a camera that is terrible at showing detail)
14678_picture_119.jpg

Next to a ruler(3-inches long...can't really tell by the pic)
14678_picture_120.jpg

The worm was dead at the time when I found it. For some reason, they only last a little while after they leave the chicken's body, because right when Cinnamon left a fresh dropping, I saw the worms squiggling around for a minute, then they remained still...I guess they die after they leave the body or something.
idunno.gif

I do not use all natural products when I know for sure that something else will make my girls healthier quicker. I use wazine for round worms. I have heard from lots of folks that they give pumpkin seed and it helps but does not completely do the job. I think on this one I would be sure. There is an egg wait time so read the directions carefully. Jean

Quote:
Exactly what she said! If egg consumption is your worry, then I would go this route. You may have to wait longer for a natural cure to fully rectify the problem. In my opinion I would be full proof and get rid of those parasites!

Thanks!
smile.png
Can we buy Wazine at a feed supply store? We have a local Paris Farmer's Union and there's a lot of stuff there, like baby chicks, meds, supplies, feed, horse stuff, etc... and that's where we got some lice/mite dust for the chickens. So maybe they will have Wazine or DE. I think we may go with DE and pumpkin seeds...which ever one works best and is easiest to get and use.

Also, I've heard that Wazine is hard to understand...like on the back, it says you can't give Wazine to egg producers???
idunno.gif
But you guys said that there's a little wait after you give it to them....so which is it???
th.gif

And the amount to give to the chickens is really confusing! Like how much do we add to a 1 gallon waterer???
hu.gif

Thanks!

http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=2&pf_id=16373

^^^Notice that in red letters it says: NOT approved for eggs that will be used for human consumption!

Last edited:
will apple cider vinegar work well as a natural dewormer? Or is it not strong enough to completely get rid of them, like the pumpkin seeds?

I have heard pumpkin seeds work well but have to be cut in half first not whole or they won't work. also dried hot peppers are supose to work well too. birds don't feel the heat like we do, but the worms can't stand them. I use DE as a preventitive.
good luck

Back
Top Bottom