Help! Chickens keep dying!

Chatterton59

In the Brooder
Oct 23, 2017
We got our mini silkies a month ago with their Mama when they were days old, we also got three mini silkies who were about 2 months. For three weeks everything was perfect! Suddenly I noticed one of the chicks was paralyzed in the legs. Few days later another chick was paralyzed in the legs. Week went by and one the older ones was completely dead! Next day another older one was dead. Today one of the chicks was dead and I noticed several others look bloated and not too energetic. The mama seems fine. Help!

I noticed one of the chicks was paralyzed in the legs.....I noticed several others look bloated and not too energetic

Can you post some photos of the way they are laying down, the bloat and their poop?
What type of food/treats do you feed?
Exactly how old are they - 1-2months?

Treating for Coccidiosis won't hurt.
If you have a vet that can perform some testing on a fresh fecal sample that would be a good idea.

Having paralyzed legs - at this age, I would lean toward disease like Marek's, but it could also be vitamin/nutritional deficiency or a genetic/developmental disorder.

Have you noticed if the Silkies are being pecked on the head - are they housed with any other fowl besides just the Silkies?

Back
Top Bottom