HELP! Chicks aren't here at post office and it's day 3!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Campine Lover, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    HELP! Chicks aren't here at post office and it's day 3! [​IMG] What do I do?????? They were supposed to be shipped overnight express BUT THEY WEREN'T! Stupid hatchery! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They were sent 9 am on Wednesday, and now its 10:30 am on Friday. They probably hatched on Tuesday!!!! [​IMG] All the mail arrives at my post office at 8:00 am, so that means they aren't arriving today!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I've waited since mid may to get these babies, and I do not want them to die!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Does that mean they are at the airport?!?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Are you allowed to go get them there? Please, please please help/ advise! (The stupid hatchery didn't put a tracking # on them!)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. fwschrom

fwschrom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Hayden Idaho
    I am in the same boat, my order was shipped Wednesday, I was expecting this am. I called the post office and they are at least open on Saturday.

You will never intercept the package at the airport, and chic are sent priority mail I am pretty sure so there is no tracking number.

My shipping statement said 5 am on Wednesday. Going to be some stressed chics, if that was the case.

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Most hatcheries ship on Wednesdays OR Thursday. The email is just a notification so you will be ready, not necessarily the day in which they were shipped from the hatchery. Chicks are sent Priority Mail, which is a 2-3 day delivery time ideally... sometimes it is more. Hopefully they will show up soon and you'll be getting a phone call from the PO.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I ordered chicks last year and they sent them sat and arrived monday. Good luck!

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I remember last year I had some surprise Spitzhauben chicks from Ideal Hatchery and they got here on the third day and they did fine....they included several slices of apples in the box which some were partly eaten by the chicks. That is an extra mile for the hatchery to add fruits but it was HOT that weekend.

Hope they will get there this evening! [​IMG]

6. Mother of All

Mother of All Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Millbrook
    I wish you all the luck let us know

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Here's hoping you get them soon!!!

8. fwschrom

Jun 20, 2010
    Hayden Idaho
    Post office called and I have mine picked up. One DOA, which was not a packing peanut it was one of the S/R Delawares. Only 1 packing peanut which must be a delaware x Hampshire cross.

9. fwschrom

Jun 20, 2010
    Hayden Idaho
    Did you get your chic's?

I got mine, although one quadrant of the 4 square shipping box had some stressed chics. Lost 4 (one packing peanut)

I called Cackle and they credited me the lost chic's, and made a note on the order in case I loose any more.

Good folks to deal with, my second order with them. First order was 0% loss, and this one straightened out right away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by