HELP!! Choking Ducklings!

Cat Water

That Person
9 Years
Jul 4, 2010
Mid Coast Maine
They ate too much food without drinking water after and they are bobbing thier heads and wheezing trying to swallow! Are they choking? What do I do? Please Hurry!

Last edited:
No, they don't have anything in their mouths. They can't swallow because they didn't drink water after they were finished. I tried dunking thier beaks in the water for them and I also tried giving them water in a syringe without the needle. One is better, but the other still doesn't want to drink.

I did use the syringe with water in it. It got one to decide it wanted to drink, but the other one still didn't want to drink. I left them alone for a minute, and I came back and they were both laying next to the water and drinking. Thank God. They are all better now, but if they weren't able to breathe, they would certainly have died. Does anyone have any advice on what to do if the syringe doesn't help next time? Thank you all.

Wow, I've never seen that before. Sounds like you were quick thinking and it worked.

I keep water very close to the feed, so they don't have to go too far to rinse their bills.

The water was right next to the food! I guess it was the excitement of lots of food at once that they forgot that they had to wash it down!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom