Help!!! Chukar eggs not hatching but can hear them??

That's great I raise game birds; Pheasants, Georgia Giant Bobwhites, and Chukar Partridge, and the rare Albino Chukar Partridge. Soon I want to get Hungarian Partridge! But those seem to be harder to acquire. I am hatching 100+ Chukar Partridge there hatch date is on the 6th of October. You might want to check your thermometer. And if you use a digital one check the battery. I rather have digital thermometer. I think yours is off/decalibrated because they should be hatching at 99.5 degrees. 101 seems kinda high. If you were to have them at 104 they would die. So i don't know maybe check your incubator if it has a built in thermometer or something. Go get one at pet co and just check the temperature if it reads the same as your other thermometer then your golden and just return it back to the store if you don't want it. I have 2 thermometer in mine just to make sure they are both right and don't have high fatality rates due to high temperatures caused by thermometer. If you're new to hatching I can email you a power point to help you with your hatching. I got it from my avian practices class In college. Im a Ag Business/ Poultry Science Major.

I am having problems maintaining temperature I have three different thermometers one sitting on top of the eggs two that are elevated a little bit above about an inch above the eggs all three thermometers are reading a different temperature. Ughhhh. I'm going to post pics of my thermometers. Any thoughts?????? I'm worried about these new eggs because of low temps with last batch.
Some have two air sacs?? But there's veining ill post pic of egg also. Any thoughts ???

The bottom thermometer is reading 103 my digital thermometer is reading 96.6 I need advice if I should up the digital thermometer temperature or if I should leave it as is because the mercury thermometer is reading 103!???????? Anyone???

The black thermometer is reading 100 ?? Not sure which thermometer is accurate. I tried 4 different ones now all reading different. :(

Back
Top Bottom