Help! Concerning droppings!

TheTinyHen

In the Brooder
Oct 10, 2017
I have a 22 week old Buff Orpington (her name is Cream) who has yellow (instead of white) urates on her droppings. Other than being very small and the runt of the flock she is seemingly healthy. I have five other hens but only Cream has these yellow droppings.

I am looking for some help to figure out what could be going on! Here are some photos to help.
IMG_0810.JPG
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg

Welcome to BYC. :welcome Is she otherwise acting normal? What is she eating? Is she laying yet?
Cream has not started laying yet but others in the flock have started laying. They are eating a combination of layer and grower pellets but I am devising a plan to try and feed Cream separately with just grower feed. Other than their feed, they eat grass and for treats I usually give them scratch and on occasion corn on the cob. This morning I gave them some water with electrolytes in addition to their plain water.

I really haven't seen her behavior change. She is definitely the smallest of the bunch and is the last to eat/drink.

Here are a couple more pictures that I took yesterday morning (the yellow droppings are Creams and the white are the other chickens.)
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0839.JPG

Have you gotten any answers on this? I have a 7 month old Buff Orpington that is having similar issues. For a day she was very inactive and wasn't eating or drinking much. She is now eating and drinking fine but still have the yellow poop. I have isolated her to her own space until I could get this cleared up. I did take a sample to my vet and they did a float test and smear test and there were no worms or bacteria found. I am also including a picture of what I am getting.
20171025_082803.jpg

Attachments

• 20171025_082803.jpg
    20171025_082803.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom