Help! Coughing in young goat?

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
She is about 7 month old and just suddenly started coughing about 20 minutes ago. She's still munching away and then she stops to cough.

She is eating brush and weeds in a pen that she has been in before. I don't think there's anything there that could be poisonous...

If it is just eager eating? What do I do for that? No runny nose.

Help!?

You know that qestion never crossed my mind.. Mine cough every once in awail but usally dissapears. I've only had one time that I had to get antibotics be cause it became cronic (it was dead mid winter) but I don't think it's to big of a deal today if it carrys on all day and on to the next and on to the next I'd get som anitbiotics for it.. But I'm no goat sepecialest
wink.png
hope it gets better

My male goat does that - I asked the farm vet when she was here, she said it's the dust from the hay causing him to sneeze. It never got worse, so she said leave it alone unless it does

It must have been overeating or something going don wrong, she coughed for about an hour or an hour and a half and then it slowed and stopped.

She kept happily grazing while she was coughing so it cannot have caused her too much distress!

Thank you for the quick responses it really eased my mind!
bow.gif
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom