Help! Coyotes jumping fence

Fencing coyotes out is like fencing goats ..... Your fence has to be waterproof. they will jump, dig, climb, and wiggle to get past a fence if they are hungry and foods on the other side. Consider a chicken tractor

You must not be aware that this is common technique,
you bait the fence itself so they get shocked by it....making them not want to come anywhere near it ever again.
I think it’s a terrible idea too. Especially since most people’s fences aren’t strong enough or aren’t always working properly.

We had a coyote overload here. A neighbor allowed some coyote hunters on his property and I'm assuming they got some because I'm seeing a lot fewer on my cameras. I heard some shooting after dark. My neighbor said there were some dens right behind his house and he would be able to watch them come out of their dens in the evenings. Nighttime is when most of the predators roam around here. I'm sure they must have had permits. There are organizations that will hunt coyotes on property with the property owners permission. Apparently they are after the skins.
Maybe some type of population control permit or the law could just allow it. Some states do.
Predator hunting has really picked up popularity in my area in the last 5 years. There are clubs that put on competitive hunts.

Back
Top Bottom