HELP cracked fertile egg

:hugsI feel your pain. I'm on the way down to find out if the egg they just broke is a fertile egg or a non fertile egg... I have a camera in my coop so I can spy on them. There was an egg on the floor and backed up the video until I could see how it got there. Fingers crossed for your remaining 7 eggs. What breed are they?:fl

I’m so sorry .....:hugs
Just for future reference, I’ve never used candle wax for cracked eggs, but i have used liquid band-aid with success. Good luck with the rest of your hatch! :fl

:hugsI feel your pain. I'm on the way down to find out if the egg they just broke is a fertile egg or a non fertile egg... I have a camera in my coop so I can spy on them. There was an egg on the floor and backed up the video until I could see how it got there. Fingers crossed for your remaining 7 eggs. What breed are they?:fl

Well, I have Wyandottes ( 2 silver and 2 yellow laced ), 2 red Rhode Island’s and I have a rooster that is a mix breed. His father was an Old English game and his mother is an ayam cemani. ( I’ll include a picture of him ) my rooster mated with all of my 6 hens but I gathered up 12 eggs all together to put under one of my yellow laced Wyandotte since she was going broody. ( most of the other eggs i didn’t know were fertile so I cracked them :( while trying to cook some eggs ) out of the 7 1 hatched today !! So there’s 6 more to hatch. Here’s the picture of the chick after his father :p one of the 6 hens are the chicks mother but I’m not sure which one so for now my yellow laced will be her mother. P.S I’ve hatched eggs before but this is a first that I’ve saw one of the chicks this small !! The chick doesn’t even look like a chick, she/he looks more like a baby bird lol

Attachments

• B2C11CF8-FCE0-4B0C-819C-D5B6D702C2EE.jpeg
    B2C11CF8-FCE0-4B0C-819C-D5B6D702C2EE.jpeg
    565.9 KB · Views: 14
  • D9FB9F91-F934-4AE2-BA2C-5CE9568D04F6.jpeg
    D9FB9F91-F934-4AE2-BA2C-5CE9568D04F6.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 12
  • A814DCC1-879D-4D93-9E2D-000E585ED752.jpeg
    A814DCC1-879D-4D93-9E2D-000E585ED752.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 138ECF57-56EA-4137-A427-ED06F1EEAB30.jpeg
    138ECF57-56EA-4137-A427-ED06F1EEAB30.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 12
Well, I have Wyandottes ( 2 silver and 2 yellow laced ), 2 red Rhode Island’s and I have a rooster that is a mix breed. His father was an Old English game and his mother is an ayam cemani. ( I’ll include a picture of him ) my rooster mated with all of my 6 hens but I gathered up 12 eggs all together to put under one of my yellow laced Wyandotte since she was going broody. ( most of the other eggs i didn’t know were fertile so I cracked them :( while trying to cook some eggs ) out of the 7 1 hatched today !! So there’s 6 more to hatch. Here’s the picture of the chick after his father :p one of the 6 hens are the chicks mother but I’m not sure which one so for now my yellow laced will be her mother. P.S I’ve hatched eggs before but this is a first that I’ve saw one of the chicks this small !! The chick doesn’t even look like a chick, she/he looks more like a baby bird lol
:love I wonder what that little guy will look like when he grows up. He looks like the cemani chicks I hatched last year! And the rooster is stunning! :thumbsup

:love I wonder what that little guy will look like when he grows up. He looks like the cemani chicks I hatched last year! And the rooster is stunning! :thumbsup

Another one just hatched !

Attachments

• 7C12028C-FE83-49F8-B544-811705199AFC.jpeg
    7C12028C-FE83-49F8-B544-811705199AFC.jpeg
    539.5 KB · Views: 10
  • D07F4D4F-25F9-4E26-A746-617FA41D5243.jpeg
    D07F4D4F-25F9-4E26-A746-617FA41D5243.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 11
LAST AND FINAL UPDATE*
I’ve been checking on The egg under my hen every 1-2 hours and unfortunately the egg is destroyed/crushed. I think the cause of this was the weight of the hen. I had to wipe all the eggs, including mama. I’m very devastated and now there will be 7 hatching chicks. [ there used to be 12, one was a yolker, others were eaten by other chickens and now one is crushed ] r.i.p :hit

Awww! So sorry for your loss!!!! I imagine the hen's weight was too much for that significant amount of damage.

OMG, they're gorgeous!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom