Help- day 14 candling chicken eggs

Somyis

Songster
Dec 30, 2021
Hey, I'm new to incubating! Just got done candling and there's definitely 1 promising egg with visible vein structures, and another decent looking 1 I believe, and 5 that I removed that were confirmed unfertilized/yolkers.

But there's 4 real sketchy ones that I want help understanding. All different.. and I looked really hard for any veins in these but don't see any. Check attachments

I really appreciate any insight

Not the best quality footage sorry 😅

Last edited:
Yeah egg 4 is weird to me cause its so visible/ apparent, but no veins? 🤔 Same with 3..and 2 and 1 lol. There's 2 other eggs in the incubator that look so much more developed than these guys

Last edited:
Update: after some more research I made the decision to take out and crack open egg 1,3, and 4. It was confirmed that 3 and 4 died early on in the first week, and egg 1 died probably within first day? (Only a couple tiny veins)

I then candled egg 2 again, and there actually is some serious veining going on in there but ONLY the black area? Still not sure what's going on with it and why its so pure white and black, with the white extending/shaped like that...is it a detached air cell?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom