Help day 18 and air sacs are small...

by the way your majesty I got sponges from the dollar store today. I just came in from checking on the humidity its at 75 % 'incubation has been running the high 30s to the low 50s . They are blue eggs & traveled over 700 miles to get here. out of 20 .14 made it to lock down. good movement inside. I can't wait for Saturday.
That's pretty good! Good luck!

Hey everyone i have a ? On candling i been hatching for a wile and on one of my many bators at day 7i when i candled them i have one egg with the air sack is on the middle side of the egg and not up top like it should now the chick is growing good and lots of movement but i dont know how it will affect it on hatch day any help or advice would be great hatch date is next Thursday thanks
Were these shipped eggs? Do you have them sitting upright in cutdown cartons?

Hey everyone i have a ? On candling i been hatching for a wile and on one of my many bators at day 7i when i candled them i have one egg with the air sack is on the middle side of the egg and not up top like it should now the chick is growing good and lots of movement but i dont know how it will affect it on hatch day any help or advice would be great hatch date is next Thursday thanks
let me get this straight there is no air sack at the top at all. is the egg in a turner ? it happened with one of mine. the egg. quit on day 8.what I found was a small hair line crack that I had not seen when it was set . I started candling on day 4 noticed what I thought was a tiny bubble . on day 7 it had grown much larger .check the egg for any thing that might be wrong with it .I'm guessing today is day 14 did you candle them today is the chick still alive.

There day 16 now still alive as well. And it dose have the air sac its just on the side of the shell about middle idk y lol but if it not good i dont wont to let it go and we dont use the turner

There day 16 now still alive as well. And it dose have the air sac its just on the side of the shell about middle idk y lol but if it not good i dont wont to let it go and we dont use the turner
Are they shipped eggs? Often shipped eggs (or eggs that have been overly jostled) will have a detached air cell. Eggs with detatched air cells will fair better if the are incubated and hatched upright in cut down cartons instead on laying on their sides.

There fresh eggs and we try to be careful but things happen ill try the cup thing should i set it so air sac is at top thanks for the help
I would, maybe the air cell will still be able to orient itself near the top so that when he/she pips there's a chance it can pip into the air cell. Does it move when you set it upright at all? (Watch, because I said that it'll be a malepositioned pipper!)

I think we're all going be waiting to see what happens with this egg. I'm betting it hatches . I think that little chick is saying I can do this just a little bit more time and I'm outa here. At this late day into incubation I don't think the air sack will move . one thing I've learned this past 2 years is it was so much easier when the hen did it. 4 more days! you'll know. hatching is like taking a long car trip. at first your excited to get going then it gets dull then your almost there and its exciting again .then the hatch and your swimming in the ocean or skiing the slopes or hiking the trails. Its so much fun I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for tomorrow morning. I only set eggs on Saturday now so I'm not working when they hatch . We'll be waiting .good luck

Back
Top Bottom