Help day 18 and air sacs are small...

It's getting bigger like in a oval shape but its not changing directions or moving to one end the air sec is still growing properly other than the fact it's in the wrong spot I'm going to trace it tonight so I can keep an eye on its growth even better

I think at this point, you will just have to hope the chick is turned the right direction when it starts to pip, and also that it doesn't try to pip too soon (before yolk and blood are all absorbed) I bet it will make it!! Fingers crossed for you!

I agree ride it out watch it closely. I'm still betting on the chick hatching. Is this lock down day or tomorrow or yesterday .see if you can determine where its head is . I would think that the air cell has got to be a little one closer to end. even if its a pencil mark .I would tilt the head up just a tiny bit .come on chicken!!!!!

It's day 18 and I feel like my air sacs are too small... It's my first time incubating and for the first 9 days the humidity was too high but was lowered to around 25% as soonas I realized.
Now that it's day 18 is there anything I can do to get them larger?
Or is it just cross my fingers and hope they hatch ok

did they hatch just wondering

did they hatch just wondering 
Number 7 hatched this morning. That's 7 out of 10 that when into lockdown. I'm very happy with the results considering it was my first time and I was using a homemade cooler bator without a thermostat. The air sacs got quite a lot larger during the last three days.

Number 7 hatched this morning. That's 7 out of 10 that when into lockdown. I'm very happy with the results considering it was my first time and I was using a homemade cooler bator without a thermostat. The air sacs got quite a lot larger during the last three days.

That's awesome!! Congrats!

It's getting bigger like in a oval shape but its not changing directions or moving to one end the air sec is still growing properly other than the fact it's in the wrong spot I'm going to trace it tonight so I can keep an eye on its growth even better

How's the chick with the air cell in the wrong place doing?

Back
Top Bottom