Help day 18 and air sacs are small...

tiedyechick

Chirping
Apr 26, 2015
Ontario

It's day 18 and I feel like my air sacs are too small... It's my first time incubating and for the first 9 days the humidity was too high but was lowered to around 25% as soonas I realized.
Now that it's day 18 is there anything I can do to get them larger?
Or is it just cross my fingers and hope they hatch ok

P.s don't mind the temp reading low the thermometer was out while I candled and but the shelf liner in. I had just got the lid back on from preparing for lockdown when I took the picture

Did you see life in your eggs when you marked the air sacks . if you did its a good sign air sacks can be large or small and the chick still hatch. what's the humidity now. this is my second year hatching eggs. last year was really bad . my first hatch set 39 eggs & only hatched 5 .I'm doing much better this year. I set 155 so far & hatch 83 .I set 14 at 5 PM today the only shipped eggs this year. Its takes a few times and a lot of reading to get better .of course the best reading are the hatching threads on the BYC I guess we'll both know on Saturday If we did good. good luck.

Yes there was movement in them when I candled.
I've decided to hold off raising the humidity until tomorrow I'm home all day and will keep a close eye on them for any sign of rocking or cheeping and immediately raise the humidity.
Did you see life in your eggs when you marked the air sacks . if you did its a good sign air sacks can be large or small and the chick still hatch. what's  the humidity now. this is my second year hatching eggs. last year was really bad . my first  hatch set 39 eggs & only hatched 5 .I'm doing  much better this year. I set 155 so far & hatch 83 .I set 14  at 5 PM today the only shipped eggs this year. Its takes a few times and a lot of reading to get better .of course the best reading are the hatching threads on the BYC I guess we'll both know on Saturday If we did good. good luck.

Yes there was movement in them when I candled.
I've decided to hold off raising the humidity until tomorrow I'm home all day and will keep a close eye on them for any sign of rocking or cheeping and immediately raise the humidity.
That's the best thing you can do. If you are going to be there to monitor them I'd go completely dry tonight and push back lockdown one day.

by the way your majesty I got sponges from the dollar store today. I just came in from checking on the humidity its at 75 % 'incubation has been running the high 30s to the low 50s . They are blue eggs & traveled over 700 miles to get here. out of 20 .14 made it to lock down. good movement inside. I can't wait for Saturday.

Hey everyone i have a ? On candling i been hatching for a wile and on one of my many bators at day 7i when i candled them i have one egg with the air sack is on the middle side of the egg and not up top like it should now the chick is growing good and lots of movement but i dont know how it will affect it on hatch day any help or advice would be great hatch date is next Thursday thanks

Sorry I don't have any experience with this. This is my first hatch
Good luck
Hey everyone i have a ? On candling i been hatching for a wile and on one of my many bators at day 7i when i candled them i have one egg with the air sack is on the middle side of the egg and not up top like it should now the chick is growing good and lots of movement but i dont know how it will affect it on hatch day any help or advice would be great hatch date is next Thursday thanks

Back
Top Bottom