Help !!! Day 18 egg status

its not moving at all. I tried shaking it a bit as well no movement for past 30 hours or so. Do I stand a chance still?

Why would you shake it?? Do you know that with everything you do to try and determine if this chick is alive you are possibly killing it? Kinda like shaking a baby..

I don't know if you stand a chance in having the chick hatch, you have disregarded what folks are trying to help you with.. Sorry to be harsh

The wiggling was it moving into position to pip, this is a crucial time for the chick, it must rest, it must absorb its yolk, it must prepare itself for the work ahead, every time you open that incubator and handle the egg you decrease its chances of survival. I speak from experience, the first hatch I did I was completely hands off, had a great hatch, the second time I worried and fretted and picked them up and put them down...I had ONE hatch... Its hard, we think as humans they need our help, but most of the time they do not, they need to be allowed to do what nature has done for eons. Please, take the advice of those here who are trying to help you, Like the other person said, if its dead there is nothing you can do, but you still have other eggs to consider and each time you open that incubator and mess with that egg you decrease the others chance to hatch.

The wiggling was it moving into position to pip, this is a crucial time for the chick, it must rest, it must absorb its yolk, it must prepare itself for the work ahead, every time you open that incubator and handle the egg you decrease its chances of survival. I speak from experience, the first hatch I did I was completely hands off, had a great hatch, the second time I worried and fretted and picked them up and put them down...I had ONE hatch... Its hard, we think as humans they need our help, but most of the time they do not, they need to be allowed to do what nature has done for eons. Please, take the advice of those here who are trying to help you, Like the other person said, if its dead there is nothing you can do, but you still have other eggs to consider and each time you open that incubator and mess with that egg you decrease the others chance to hatch.

Why would you shake it?? Do you know that with everything you do to try and determine if this chick is alive you are possibly killing it? Kinda like shaking a baby..

I don't know if you stand a chance in having the chick hatch, you have disregarded what folks are trying to help you with.. Sorry to be harsh

I completely understand what you meant and I admire you and your love for the babies. I am really greatful that people are helping me through this stressful period and its very comforting. And I really didn't shake it..It was more of gentle tap..maybe not gentle but a tap.

Yes, i havent done anything since then and have decided to keep calm until day 24. Let motuer nature take care. This is my first hatch on a homemade incubator thats why i think i just couldn't handle the stress of my first eggs wiggling and then stopping all of a sudden. i hope my baby ia fine inside.

Americanmom...thanks a lot for your time and input. I really appreciate it.

its hard, believe me I know... I hope others learn from the mistake I and others have made, thats what is so great about this site, there is virtually nothing going to happen that hasn't already happened to some one else.... good luck!!!!

Is today day 23? Any news yet?
I am extremely disappointed. Only only egg was moving until lat night ( 12 hours ago) since day 18 and he stopped too. I don't know what to do? the air cell is still intact. Should i give it sometime? they are not moving at all.

Hello bro if the egg is fully complated then also its does not move much but once in a hour...u have to keep patience....if the chick has pipped into the air cell then u can do something otherwise nothing...just candle once fore your sure what is going inside.......and don't disturb if u find any movement.....

Hello bro if the egg is fully complated then also its does not move much but once in a hour...u have to keep patience....if the chick has pipped into the air cell then u can do something otherwise nothing...just candle once fore your sure what is going inside.......and don't disturb if u find any movement.....
i dont see any movement at all. I don't even know how the internal pips look like. To me i see the air sac still intact. I don't know what to do.tonight day 23 will b over. kya karu???

Back
Top Bottom