HELP Day 19 humidity issues!!!

hobbychick

Songster
12 Years
May 9, 2007
Illinois
I am on day 19 and am having humidity issues.
barnie.gif
I have a homemade cabinet bator and the humidity has been running 50-55 for the first 18 days. I have only had one pan of water in it. Now I have 4 pans of water in it w/washcloths and CAN NOT get the humidity up past 60!!
he.gif
What the heck!!! Any suggestions? Do you think misting the eggs will help?
hit.gif

What is your temp? I would say you are not getting an accurate reading. That should be more than enough water to raise that humidity. Are there any foggy windows?

Your humidity should be ok . What I do is fill up two water containers and add two wet sponges. Use warm water on the sponges. I usually get a good hatch as long as the humidity is over 55%. I go higher forwater fowl. I have a 1962 Montgomery Wards cabinent. I currently have 98 eggs in mine and the humidity is 57%
Linda

Yes they are chicken eggs. There is now window so no fog!
sad.png
Do you think I should mist the eggs just to be sure? The temp has been 99.5 since day one until Yesterday and it has been going between 98.5 and 100.5. I am not sure why it is doing that.
he.gif
Just to make me crazy I think!!!! Like this is not stressful enough!!
barnie.gif

My incubator directions say that the temperature may rise on its own the last days of a hatch as the live chicks become larger and more active and hatch. It says do not worry and do not fiddle with the temperature adjustment but watch it and leave it alone. So I would just assume this is a good sign you have live chicks. Just watch to make sure the temp does not go into the danger zone.

Sit on your hands.

Last edited:
I think I am going to have to glue my hands to my butt!!!!
barnie.gif

How hi is to high! I am SCARED to death!
hide.gif
I think I need some professional help:lol: I'm not going to make it!!!!
duc.gif

Take a deep breath....... let it out. Repete a couple times...

just leave the bator alone with that much stuff in there I cant imagine there isnt enough humidity, I would almost be afraid of to much but What is youre bator made out of ?

The bator is wooden and has small wire in the shelves. I also have some small plastic water pipe in the shelves that have been built to keep the eggs from rolling around. This is my first time using it. The guy who built it has hatched thousands of eggs in it, so I know it is a good one!!

I remember that you had to replace your fan, maybe the new one is why them temps are changing. I also would think you have plenty of water in there, but as I am on my first hatch and 2 days behind you I don't know for sure. I am just glad I planed to be really busy the last 3 days of my hatch (DD 6th b-day! ) so I wont
fl.gif
be a total nut case! I am getting stressed
barnie.gif
just thinking about the last 3 days and I am not even there yet!
Good Luck!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

BTW can you check with the guy who built it for his advice???

Back
Top Bottom