Help? Day 21...

So today I candled six eggs that are on day 25 I could see inside that all six were fully formed but no moving on the inside but one... a bantam egg so I put it back....but the other five I opened one by one ..they were all dead and were turned around but the yolk wasn't absorbed...just wondering if anyone knows what could have caused this...so far I've only had one out of 8 hatch.. Plus I have 6 more in there that were due to hatch yesterday but there still all alive...wondering why the others died

Last edited:
I have a coop that is 4 feet long and 3 feet wide and is 1 I half feet tall the coop part where they go into is 4 feet wide 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I currently have 3 sillies is that enough space for them. Or no

That doesn't seem roomy enough.

3 x 4 = 12... you could have 1.2 full size in there depending on how well they do with that tight confinement and if they get along.

The Pens they sell with the little coops are cute and seem okay and the company said so, should not be sold as housing for 3-6 hens. They seem far too small for best mental and physical health.

As much space as you can give them will keep them healthier, and you won't have to worry about diseases, feather picking, cannibalism among other things.

Back
Top Bottom