HELP Day 27 Call Duck Eggs

jhealy6

Chirping
11 Years
Jun 16, 2011
It is day 27 and I have just made a small hole at the air sack of all 4 eggs and one doesnt appear to be alive but the others are yellow with red veins. One is moving very much the other barely. I just took tweezers and tugged at the membrain a little and made a very small opening. added more water to incubator and temp is at 99.5 humidity at 70%. What do I do now? Please...

Had any pipped internally? (broke through the membrane?) if not place the, back, keep the humidity up and watch them. Temps too low can delay hatching. Now that they have the shell open there is risk of shrink wrapping.

Hopefully others will chime in soon too.

Do I moisten the membrane with a q-tip? Is there a % of humidity in the incubator that would be too high and harmful to the ducklings or the higher the better? What temp should i have it at now at this stage?

Thank you for your help.

I did what you did my first time around hatching call duck eggs, it did not go well. I now always wait for them to start to break through the egg, then make an air hole if needed. This year every one that has hatched has taken no more than 8 hours from start until running around.

Doug

I can see the ducks beak and eyes but it doesnt seem like the yoke us getting absorbed. Its been 12 hours and is now day 28. Should I help them out? I don't know what to do. Help.

They ate alive but seems like they are gasping is the normal? how can I tell if they are in distress? What are the signs?
Thank you.

Chicks hatching typically peep, if they aren't peeping and not making any progress after hours have passed there could be an issue. However if you try and force them out before they are ready you can do more harm. With out photos or being there it is hard to say what you should and shouldn't do.

Here is a picture of both eggs. ?????
96318_imag04651.jpg

Back
Top Bottom